Books that Changed My Life
1. Succulent Wild Love: Six Powerful Habits for Feeling More Love More Often by SARK
Lisa and my marriage is 100% better because of this!
2. Passionate Marriage: Keeping Love and Intimacy Alive in Committed Relationships by David Schnarch
This was another marital/relational game-
3. Love Wins by Rob Bell
Powerful thoughts, studies, stories, and observations on heaven, hell, and everyone who ever lived..
4. Falling Upward: A Spirituality for the Two Halves of Life by Richard Rohr
OMG, this has helped me become in SO many ways!
5. A Generous Orthodoxy by Brian McLaren
Beautiful Christian book on bridging divides being both liberal and conservative, embracing differences, and so on.
6. The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success by Deepak Chopra
Great book on experiencing more aliveness.
7. The Real Love: The Art of Mindful Connection by Sharon Salzberg
Awesome sauce on Love.
8. You’re a Miracle (and a Pain in the Ass): Embracing the Emotions, Habits, and Mystery That Makes You You by Mike McHargue
The title says it all, and I can’t recommend it enough!.
9. Untamed by Glennon Doyle
Recent book that’s really freeing me to be ME!.
10. Rumi: The Book of Love: Poems of Ecstasy and Longing translated by Coleman Barks
Because everyone could use some Rumi in their lives!
11. God Can’t: How to Believe in God and Love After Tragedy, Abuse, and Other Evils by Thomas Jay Oord
PHENOMONAL book about God that makes sense of suffering, God’s goodness, free will, human participation/agency, and more. SO good!
12. Confessions of a Funeral Director: How Death Saved My Life by Caleb Wilde
Brilliant book that deals with death in a beautiful way, which is SO important in our death avoidant culture.
13. Becoming Wise: An Inquiry into the Mystery and Art of Living by Krista Tippett
Krista Tippett weaving together years of interviews of people who inspire and move us. Honestly this might be my favorite title ever, and it more than lived up to it’s billing!
14. Heart and Mind: The Four-Gospel Journey for Radical Transformation by Alexander Shaia
OH MY WORD, this guy is SO brilliant and insightful. Game-changing stuff about the Gospels in a way I’ve never heard anyone but him talk about. I.e. the Gospels as the fourfold human/hero’s journey.
15. Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life by Jon Kabat-Zinn
Such a brilliant book on meditation and living it out.
16. The Inescapable Love of God by Thomas Talbott
A thoughtful work that shows how combining traditional Christian beliefs about God with the New Testament easily yields a belief in hopeful Christian universalism.
17. Power vs. Force: The Hidden Determinants of Human Behavior by David R. Hawkins
Super interesting book on collective consciousness, and/or perhaps the Holy Spirit, and tapping into it.
18. The Gift of Fear: And Other Survival Signals That Protect Us from Violence by Gavin de Becker
Brilliant book about the power of our intuition and bodily intelligence.